[Haskell-beginners] haskell-platform on arch

Vesa Kaihlavirta vpkaihla at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 10:29:17 CET 2011

On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 7:18 AM, Bernardo Barros
<bernardobarros2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> The last release of Haskell Platform has ghc version 7.0.3. There
> is nothing outdated in arch...  You may be referring to the ghc
> 7.2, right? It is not in Haskell Platform yet.
>
> ── >> pacman -Ss haskell-platform extra/haskell-platform
> 2011.2.0.0-4 [0.00 M] [installed] The Haskell Platform

Yes, that's the reason why our ghc is lagging so much. In fact, we
have plans to stop supporting the platform mainly for this reason.

In the near future (hopefully in a month or so), the our extra
repository would only contain the latest stable ghc (currently at
7.2.2) and cabal-install (plus its deps).

--vk