[Haskell-beginners] PHP vs Haskell... a challenge!

Sean Charles sean at objitsu.com
Fri Mar 18 15:00:00 CET 2011

On 18/03/11 13:44, Brian Shannon wrote:
>> Understanding monads is so important in Haskell, I would say that it is,
>> IMO, the single biggest reason that it will never become truly mainstream as
>> it's too far up the BLUB scale for most people who cut code for a living.
> I see you have your crystal ball out. Those have always been so reliable. ;)
Yeah. I also predicted last weeks lottery numbers which is why I now
only work for fun.

Not.

:(

I always ask people this question when money comes up,
"If your physical needs were met (house,food etc.), what would you do
for the rest of your life ?"

I suspect that a very long time ago back in the dark ages, we discovered
that human life is ultimately pointless and so 'money' was invented to
create a bias and then 'consumerism' gives most western people something
to take their minds of the futility of it all.

IMHO anyway.

:)