[Haskell-beginners] Why aren't David Harley's QT bindings more popular?

Heinrich Apfelmus apfelmus at quantentunnel.de
Wed Jun 29 19:53:22 CEST 2011

Mats Rauhala wrote:
> Heinrich Apfelmus wrote:
>>
>> I would like to encourage you to try it out and get back to me with
>> any issues you have, both concerning documentation/learning and
>> functionality. For instance, one of the authors of Leksah has
>> experimented with it; while he had more ambitious plans than
>> reactive-banana can handle at the moment, it prompted me to come up
>> with the pleasing improvements in version 0.3. Not to mention that I
>> now have a new use case to keep in mind for the big picture.
>
> Personally, what I'd like is a simple documented tutorial/example for a
> simple application (counter which updates a label?), which is kept
> updated even when the library updates.
>
> I noticed two examples in the github repository, but I didn't have time
> to properly read them through yet.

Yikes, it should be much easier to find the examples. There, I have
created a new and nice project page just now:

   http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Reactive-banana

In particular, links to examples can be found here

   http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Reactive-banana/Examples

Behold the screenshot!

Best regards,
Heinrich Apfelmus