[Haskell-beginners] Why aren't David Harley's QT bindings more popular?

Kyle Murphy orclev at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 17:27:19 CEST 2011

Sorry, that wasn't intended, but to be fair I think it actually got hijacked
pretty close the beginning as a "What's the state of GUI frameworks in
Haskell?" thread. On the topic of qtHaskell I see that it's cross-platform
which is good, but I also see where it doesn't appear to be compatible with
the version of mingw that ships with GHC. The install instructions on the
site tell you to overwrite the version of mingw in the ghc folder with the
one shipped with qtHaskell which is a step I'm not willing to do currently.
I haven't really looked at the API itself, but until either GHC or qtHaskell
changes to not require overwriting the bundled mingw instance I'm going to
have to take a pass on qtHaskell. I may try to install it without going
through that step to see if it works anyway, although the comments about
poor OpenGL performance also put me off a bit.

-R. Kyle Murphy
--
Curiosity was framed, Ignorance killed the cat.