[Haskell-beginners] Why aren't David Harley's QT bindings more popular?

Michael Serra mk.serra at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 23:31:40 CEST 2011

Hi all,
  Recently I have been doing the usual beginner's search for the "best GUI
toolkit" available to Haskell, and today I installed David Harley's
qtHaskell bindings.  I was surprised to find they were easy to install (on
Linux), and all the examples run flawlessly.  So I have two related
questions: (1) has anyone out there used qtHaskell, and what was your
experience; (2) why do these bindings seem to be a less-popular option than
wxwidgets and gtk2hs?  I understand qtHaskell is much newer than the others,
and so far its development appears to be a one-man operation; other than
these obvious explanations, is there a bigger reason people don't seem to be
using or discussing QT with Haskell?  I would have thought working bindings
to such a useful framework would be a bigger deal.
- m. serra