[Haskell-beginners] How to access non-exported function from Data.Set?

Ozgur Akgun ozgurakgun at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 00:25:12 CEST 2011

Hi Christoph,

On 1 June 2011 21:56, Christoph Bussler <chbussler at aol.com> wrote:

> splitLookup :: Ord a => a -> Set a -> (Set a,Maybe a,Set a)
>
> Not sure why it is not exported, but is there a way to use it?

I am afraid you'll have to define the exact same function yourself, if you
really want to use it. As you probably already know, you can copy it from:
http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/containers/0.4.0.0/doc/html/src/Data-Set.html#splitLookup

I am not sure as to why it was not exported though. If you describe your use
case, maybe you can convince people to make a change, or people can suggest
you some other function which fulfils your requirements in some other way.

HTH,
Ozgur