[Haskell-beginners] Installing HDBC

Antoine Latter aslatter at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 16:51:31 CET 2011

Hello,

If you've installed the Haskell Platform for Windows you should have
the command-line tool cabal-install already installed.

For many packages, the following will work:

> cabal update
> cabal install <package-name>

This will fetch the tar.gz package from Hackage (as well as its
transitive dependencies) and install them.

I hear from Windows developers that even with these tools, it is still
a chore to install certain packages and libraries on a Windows
environment. But the above would be the place to start.

Antoine

Links:
The Haskell Platform: http://hackage.haskell.org/platform/
Cabal install: http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/hackage/wiki/CabalInstall