[Haskell-beginners] Installing package hsc3 – Haskell supercollider

Brent Yorgey byorgey at seas.upenn.edu
Fri Sep 17 00:24:28 EDT 2010

On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 09:14:22PM -0700, Deb Midya wrote:
> Hi Haskell Users,
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> I am using Haskell on Windows XP. I have downloaded HaskellPlatform-2010.2.0.0-setup.exe and installed it. I have checked that GHCi version is 6.12.3.
>
> May I request you to assist me for the following please:
>
> To install Haskell supercollider package, I have downloaded hsc3-0.7.tar.gz. How can I install this package now? Is there any document (how to use) on this package?
>
> To assist me for this, I have also checked that whether cabal is working or not. To do that:
>
> At dos prompt:
>
> \ghc>cabal –help
>
> \ghc> cabal install –help
>
> It shows me flags for help and installation.

All you need to do is (at the DOS prompt)

  cabal install hsc3

and it will take care of downloading and installing all the
dependencies for you.

The latest version of hsc3 seems to be 0.8, is there a particular
reason you need 0.7?  If you specifically want 0.7 and not the latest
version you can specify that by instead doing

  cabal install hsc3-0.7

-Brent