[Haskell-beginners] Issues Installing haskelldb-hsql-sqlite3

Daniel Fischer daniel.is.fischer at web.de
Fri Mar 12 17:33:15 EST 2010

Am Freitag 12 März 2010 22:55:15 schrieb aditya siram:
> Hi all,
> I am having an issue installing haskelldb-hsql-sqlite3.
> When I do a 'cabal-install install haskelldb-hsql-sqlite3', it tries
> to rebuild 'directory-' even though it is available and gives
> the following error:
> Building directory-
> System/Directory.hs:81:7:
>     Could not find module `Control.Exception.Base':
>       it is a member of the hidden package `base'
>       Use -v to see a list of the files searched for.

Odd. base is listed as a dependency for directory- And if you
already have directory-, it shouldn't be rebuilt - except if it's in
your user package-db and you're trying to make a global install of
Which GHC version are you running, and on which OS? (That might or might
not be relevant.)

First, run "ghc-pkg check" to see whether some of your installed packages
are broken. If none are, try "cabal install -v haskelldb-hsql-sqlite3",
perhaps a verbose run would make it clearer what went wrong - or, try
installing directory- and then haskelldb*