[Haskell-beginners] Re: Is haskell a good choice for someone, who never programmed before?

Benjamin L. Russell DekuDekuplex at Yahoo.com
Thu Jul 29 19:10:51 EDT 2010

Jorden M <jrm8005 at gmail.com> writes:

> Reading The Haskell Road to Logic, Maths, and Programming would be a
> great way for someone with no more than high school level math to get
> started with programming and higher mathematics.

Another title that I would recommend is _Programming in Haskell_, by
Graham Hutton [1].  This book is written for beginners, and requires no
previous programming experience.  A favorable review [2] of this title
has been written by Duncan Coutts.

-- Benjamin L. Russell

[1] Hutton, Graham. _Programming in Haskell._ Cambridge: Cambridge
University Press, 2007. <http://www.cs.nott.ac.uk/~gmh/book.html>.

[2] Coutts, Duncan. "Book Review: 'Programming in Haskell' by Graham
Hutton." _The Monad.Reader Issue 7_ (2007): 35-44. Web. 30
Jul. 2010. <http://www.cs.nott.ac.uk/~gmh/book-review.pdf>.