[Haskell-beginners] Re: why is something different within a function when it comes out?

prad prad at towardsfreedom.com
Thu Jul 15 15:12:19 EDT 2010

On Thu, 15 Jul 2010 09:39:39 +0200
Chaddaï Fouché <chaddai.fouche at gmail.com> wrote:

> Though you must be aware
> that parsing html (or any markup language) properly with regexp is
> just impossible in general and you can only get crude and fragile
> approximations.
i never realized that since my needs have been pretty simple and
python's re has done things nicely.

> There are proper html parsing libraries on hackage if
> your needs become too complex for simple regexp to handle.
i found tagsoup a while ago and i'm trying to learn how to use it
better. it's a bit of an overkill for what i'm doing here which
probably can be done even without regex - something i'm thinking about.
thx.

--
In friendship,
prad

                                      ... with you on your journey
Towards Freedom
http://www.towardsfreedom.com (website)
Information, Inspiration, Imagination - truly a site for soaring I's