[luca_ciciriello@hotmail.com: Re: [Haskell-beginners] reflection]

Brent Yorgey byorgey at seas.upenn.edu
Tue Jan 5 12:41:12 EST 2010

Well, there are a few things I could suggest for you to look at:

  * the hint package [1] for runtime Haskell interpretation
  * look at xmonad [2] for an example of a program which recompiles and reloads itself on the fly
  * the haskell-src-exts library [3] for a full-featured Haskell parser/pretty printer

There is no way to actually inspect and modify the structure of a
running Haskell program in memory; it is simply not stored in a format
which would let you do this (it is highly optimized and compiled).
However, using the above tools I imagine you should be able to
accomplish what you want.

-Brent

[1] http://hackage.haskell.org/package/hint
[2] http://xmonad.org/