[Haskell-beginners] Uncalled for apology.....everyone please STOP

David Jameson dhjdhj at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 13:42:45 CET 2010

I'm sorry --- but I think everyone is just making a mountain of (not even) a molehill  (and I live in Chelsea, NY).

Too many people are concerned about someone ELSE being offended. If someone misunderstands a posting, it is not the author's fault ---- particularly when the author didn't say anything to actually offend anyone. This is no different than christians being offended by the atheist billboards popping up. It is not the atheists' problem.

Can we please get back to beginning Haskell stuff?  I'm desperately trying to learn the basics, struggling right left and center, particularly with infrastructure that I can't get working (can't get the gtk stuff installed on my Mac) and this mailing list is turning into spam! I would hate to have to turn it off.

P.S.  By the way, is is not possible to have a forum instead of a mailing list --- these mailing lists are so 19th century!