[Haskell-beginners] How to think in Haskell

Jun HU junhufr at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 15:33:44 CET 2010

Thanks for all these kind replies... Suddenly, I found I returned to the
beginning of the internet, the feeling
is lost for long time, the warm hearts, kind helps and the passion of
programming. Thank you very much.

@luca - fantastic list of the references, try to read some and do some
practices ...

@Tomme, you speak out exactly my problem - the conversion from operational
point of view to equational one.
It's really the most difficult one. I'm working on combinatorial
optimization.  For me,  the time and the states inherent
in every computation. The variable (mutable one) is the essential spirit of
all programs. Like in Tabu Search:

1. Find the best neighbor solution in a set of neighbor solutions
2. Apply the chosen neighbor solution (state change)
3. Put previous solution in Tabu, (state change)
4. Continue 1st Step if not reach the stop criteria (state verification)

above algorithm involves heavily with the changes of the state during the
search  and
structured control constructors (if, then, while, for.... ).  Living on the
land of Dijkstra, it really need the enormous
power to change the "state".