[Haskell-beginners] Re: Compiling C into Haskell

Juan Pedro Bolivar Puente magnicida at gmail.com
Fri Apr 16 02:05:33 EDT 2010

I am going a bit off-topic here...

> PS. Could you limit length of line to 72-80 characters? Thank you in
> advance.

Please, don't impose others how to format their email. There is an
interesting reasoning in favor of not breaking lines in email: it is
better for accessibility, because of how screen-readers for visually
impaired people work. I will quote a message by the accessibility expert
Chris Hofstader:

> I forgot to mention that, when using a screen reader, many  users try to maximize their line width so, if reading by line, they can often get an entire paragraph with a single down arrow rather than reading through superfluously narrow lines which have two problems:  1. they require more keystrokes which 2. break up a user's concentration as the flow of sentences are broken up by needing to take action a every few words.

And what is the universally best length of line anyway? I have also seen
people sending emails with really thin columns that get annoying to
read... If you feel bad about emails sent with long lines, just enable
text wrapping in your email reader.

And yes, I wrap the text in my email because I know there are many
people like you, but maybe this message will help us in being more
tolerant about how others use their tools --I did not know about these
accessibility issues a few months ago neither!

JP