[Haskell-beginners] Urgent: Defining Momory data Types in Haskell

Brent Yorgey byorgey at seas.upenn.edu
Tue Sep 8 07:52:09 EDT 2009

On Mon, Sep 07, 2009 at 06:37:16AM +0000, Akshay Dave wrote:

> (Memory maps I to Z)
> lookup m i = <current value of i>  ( meaning lookup for I in memory m)

You shouldn't need to use anything so crass as pointers to accomplish
this.  Try taking a look at the Map data structure in Data.Map:

  http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/containers/0.2.0.1/doc/html/Data-Map.html

If there is some reason Data.Map won't work for you, please explain
why so we can better understand what you are trying to do.

-Brent