[Haskell-beginners] list monad question

Colin Paul Adams colin at colina.demon.co.uk
Fri Oct 30 11:55:01 EDT 2009

    Matthias> true, it's almost readable At the moment trying to use
    Matthias> pointfree is basically pointless for me, more practice
    Matthias> is needed.

Actually the pointless style does have a point - like all jargon, it
shows that you're a member of the club, and can look down on those who
don't understand it.

In support of this, it deliberately confuses beginners by omitting the
arguments that should be there according to the signature (this is a
principle purpose of currying, to confuse beginners :-) ).

I cheat - I use hlint, and write the pointless versions that it tells
me I should write instead of the pointed version that I write.

Is there a "Bluffer's guide to Haskell"?
--
Colin Adams
Preston Lancashire