[Haskell-beginners] list monad question

Matthias Guedemann matthias.guedemann at ovgu.de
Fri Oct 30 11:34:13 EDT 2009

> Yes :D The pointfree f is nicely obfuscated. But if your friend is a perl
> coder, he should
> be able to appreciate that.

Honestly, he just wanted a "one-loop-using solution" and was not too interested
in anything using Haskell :-)

> The standard way to express f, however, is liftM2 (:), so
>
> combinations = (foldr (liftM2 (:)) [[]] .) . replicate
> -- isn't that boring?

true, it's almost readable
At the moment trying to use pointfree is basically pointless for me, more
practice is needed.

regards
Matthias

Dipl. Inf. Matthias Guedemann              / __\/ _\  /__\
Computer Systems in Engineering           / /   \ \  /_\
Otto-von-Guericke Universitaet Magdeburg / /___ _\ \//__
Tel.: 0391 / 67-19359                    \____/ \__/\__/