[Haskell-beginners] Important coding guideline and library proposal

Joe Fredette jfredett at gmail.com
Sun Nov 22 14:26:40 EST 2009

Well then, on a similar note, I propose the following name changes:

(+) is now
"yesIShouldReallyLikeToKnowTheSumOfTheseTwoThingsOverWhichTheOperationOfSummationIsDulyAndTotallyDefined
"

(-) is the same, but with "Summation" changed to
"AdditiveInverseAndSummation"

the `do` construct ought to be renamed
"doThisMonadicComputationForMePleaseByDesugaringThisConvienentNotationAndTurningItIntoASequenceOfBindFunctionsAndLambdaAbstractionsSuchThatMyIntendedMeaningInFactIsReflected
"

Further, things like "unsafePerformIO" is not nearly descriptive
enough, however, I leave it's appropriate renaming as an exercise to
the reader...

/Joe