[Haskell-beginners] timer_create: Invalid argument

Daniel Fischer daniel.is.fischer at web.de
Mon Jun 8 11:17:33 EDT 2009

Am Montag 08 Juni 2009 16:35:22 schrieb Thomas Friedrich:
> Hi,
>
> [thomas at ... ~] $ ./count count.hs
> count: timer_create: Invalid argument
> [thomas at ... ~]$
>
> What does this error message mean?  And why does it occur?  Other
> programs that I written and compiled on my computer worked just fine on
> the other.  I run Arch Linux and I am using GHC 6.10.3, the other
> computer is a RedHat 3.

Do other Haskell programmes compiled with ghc-6.10.3 on Arch run on Red Hat 3?

I think the timer_create is called during initialisation of the run-time, for
+RTS -sstderr and such, probably RH3 has an older timer_create which doesn't like the
passed argument.
Then no ghc-compiled programme from Arch should run on RH3, nor should C programmes using
timer_create with like arguments.