[Haskell-beginners] Re: [Haskell-cafe] The problem with Monads...

Henk-Jan van Tuyl hjgtuyl at chello.nl
Tue Jan 13 16:57:55 EST 2009

On Tue, 13 Jan 2009 19:35:57 +0100, Rafael Gustavo da Cunha Pereira Pinto
<RafaelGCPP.Linux at gmail.com> wrote:

> I didn't knew Wadler's papers (I save all papers I read into a external
> HD, so I can read them later!), and at a first glance it is really good.
> Then again, instead of creating another "monad tutorial", what about a
> Haskell monads reference guide, and some worked examples?
> Some of this work could even be attached to the library documentation.
> Regards
> Rafael

I have written a reference manual for the basic Haskell monad functions,
"A Tour of the Haskell Monad functions". It contains a lot of examples.
You can find it at:

As far as I know, there is no reference guide for advanced monads, like
the Reader, Writer and State monads.

Henk-Jan van Tuyl