[Haskell-beginners] Installing packages

Tymur Porkuian shooshpanchick at gmail.com
Sun Feb 8 18:21:18 EST 2009

>>> On Windows it usually means that the package has a "configure" shell script
>>> and therefore requires that Cygwin or MSYS be installed.
>> I have installed Cygwin, and still getting the exact same error.
>> Should something else be done after installing it?
> Are you running "cabal install" from within Cygwin prompt?

No, I'm not running "cabal install", I'm running "runhaskell Setup
configure" (as written in
"cabal" is not even on the PATH, actually. Now I launched this command
from cygwin, this is what I got:

$ runhaskell.exe Setup configure
 Unable to find wxWidgets configuration (wx-config).

checking system:
 Unable to find the 'wx-config' program: wx-config
 Maybe you forgot to run 'make install' on wxWidgets?
 Otherwise, add the install directory of wx-config to your path.

 Or maybe you are trying to compile with Microsoft Visual C++?
 If so, you can specify that on the command line:
 For example: ./configure --with-msc

What is wx-config and where can I get it?