[Haskell-beginners] rts package in an invalid state

aditya siram aditya.siram at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 22:00:34 EDT 2009

I had this problem with the HTTP package. I followed the following steps:
1. Unregister the offending package with 'ghc-pkg unregister <packagename>'
2. Download the package from Hackage
3. Manually compile and install the package
4. Check that the package is in the list with 'ghc-pkg list'
5. Rerun 'ghc-pkg check'

hth,
deech