[Haskell-beginners] a better way to do this

Michael P Mossey mpm at alumni.caltech.edu
Wed Apr 8 20:07:35 EDT 2009

Michael P Mossey wrote:
> This is an early attempt to create some kind of parser, for text that is
> xml-like but not actually xml. This is probably a disaster by Haskell
> standards... If someone could point me in the direction of a better way
> of doing things, that would be great. I don't want to use the existing
> parser library, not at first, because I want to learn more from first
> principles (for now).

To follow up my own post, I'm working through chapter 10 of "Real World Haskell"
right now, and then I'll look at chapter 14 (Monads). I think this is a better
way of creating parsers. Maybe I'll look at Parsec eventually too, although I
want to do a lot of stuff myself for the learning exprience.

Thanks,
Mike