[Haskell-begin] Re: New List

Benjamin L.Russell DekuDekuplex at Yahoo.com
Wed Jul 23 05:49:43 EDT 2008

On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 13:49:19 +0300, "Angelos Sphyris"
<knightofmathematics at hol.gr> wrote:

>I believe that using beginners at haskell.org and [Haskell-begin] in the subject line may confuse people.
>So, I would opt for [Haskell-beginners].

Thank you for your response.

While I agree for this exact reason, since some users had voiced the
view that "[Haskell-beginners]" seemed too long, I would rather wait
for a few days to see the overall response to the argument (it is
possible that some readers may have been too busy to check this thread
lately).

If "[Haskell-beginners]" seems acceptable as a prefix for the subject
line to readers of this mailing list, let's try it out to see if it
works (we can always change it back).  Otherwise, we'll just continue
using "[Haskell-begin]."

I would suggest at least trying out "[Haskell-beginners]" on a few
threads for a few days to see if it can work.  Otherwise, we will
never know.  If readers then start complaining "I can't stand the new
prefix, because now I can't read the subject line well in my narrow
mail tool/newsreader window," then I'll change it back right away.
Then we'll know for sure.  Some users may actually prefer the new
prefix.

I'll wait for about three days to see the response to this argument on
this thread before actually changing anything, unless readers say that
trying out the new prefix is not acceptable.

-- Benjamin L. Russell