[arch-haskell] ghc-vis

stef204 stef204 at yandex.com
Tue Oct 13 21:53:28 UTC 2015

yes, saw that when digging some more and this <https://github.com/FranklinChen/ghc-vis/tree/update-for-710> but fails as well.

> Your builds are failing when trying to build old versions
> of glib and cairo (prior to their ghc 7.10 fixes).

I believe I do have the new versions but cabal wants to pull in the old version based on the deps listed by ghc-vis, I imagine.

> It also seem graphviz has also not yet been updated:
>
>   http://hub.darcs.net/ivanm/graphviz/issue/5

I see that now, thanks.

All of this is very frustrating for someone eager to lean Haskell and running into this.

I have now looked at stack and stackage and better understand the differences and similarities and will probably try to favor stack over cabal.

As well I have looked further into cblrepo and the ability to create an Arch package to install via pacman, but I guess that\s further down the line.

As an alternative to ghc-vis, I looked at vacuum but running into similar problems.

I was basically looking at a way both to visualize data and so stepwise evaluation in Haskell, to help me better understand the language, functions and expressions, etc.

I guess I will focus on the debugger for that and see if I can find my way around.

Any other suggestions, please feel free.