[arch-haskell] Cblrepo and dependencies

SP sp at orbitalfox.com
Fri Apr 24 11:37:14 UTC 2015

On 24/04/15 12:16, Magnus Therning wrote:
> Sorry, but I don't understand what steps you are performing.  How do
> you get ghc to "accidentally" install a second time?

Because `Setup.hd configure` complained `base` dependency was missing,
my reflexive reaction was to install `haskell-base`. That reinstalled ghc.

> After running `pacman -Rncs ghc` *everything* related to haskell
> development ought to disappear.

And that is what happened. I am purging everything again now and will
try to avoid causing ghc to reinstall. But is it possible to fix this
behaviour? Maybe there is a pacman flag to disallow a package from
reinstalling if there are such installation order dependencies.

> I'd also suggest you clean out any locally installed packages (e.g.
> via `cabal install`).

Will do.

--
	SP