[arch-haskell] Fwd: gitit status update and why are deps needed for binaries

Bastien Traverse neitsab at esrevart.net
Wed Apr 15 06:40:45 UTC 2015

Le 14/04/2015 23:29, Magnus Therning a écrit :
> Just playing around a little with one of the packages currently in
> the repo comprising both a lib and a binary resulted in the attached
> PKGBUILD (shake). It might be close to what a solution could look
> like.

Thanks for having a try at this, it looks good! Have you tested it or
you wish for somebody to try it out?

Le 15/04/2015 02:15, Nicola Squartini a écrit :
> You can pull out /usr/bin/gitit and the other files in /usr/share
> from the package, and upload only those to your server (once the
> gitit package is back).

On the other hand that sounds like and excellent idea and very simple to
implement (so KISS-compliant) if the modified PKGBUILD-way proves too
problematic. I'm thinking of a post-build task packaging the binary
along with man pages etc.