[arch-haskell] Fwd: gitit status update and why are deps needed for binaries

Nicola Squartini tensor5 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 00:21:09 UTC 2015

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Nicola Squartini <tensor5 at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Apr 14, 2015 at 9:20 AM
Subject: Re: [arch-haskell] gitit status update and why are deps needed for
binaries
To: Bastien Traverse <neitsab at esrevart.net>

Solving the problem of pandoc and gitit binaries taking so much space,
would require splitting the packages in two. Right now haskell-pandoc and
haskell-gitit are packaged with binaries and modules inside, and the module
part depend on all the other packages, including GHC. If we split each of
them into two, say pandoc (binaries) and haskell-pandoc (modules), then you
could just install the binaries without having to depend on GHC.

Nicola