[arch-haskell] ghc 7.8.1 has hit [haskell-core]

Bjørn Øivind Bjørnsen bo.bjornsen at gmail.com
Sun Apr 13 11:05:13 UTC 2014

On Sunday 13 April 2014 13:02:15 Nicola Squartini wrote:
> Well, this is really weird! I even unistalled all haskell, cleared the
> pacman cache and reinstalled ghc and hlint, and still I have that "Illegal
> instruction". So it must be a problem of my system.

It may be a long shot, but have you tried dropping the kernel caches? Perhaps
you have a bad stick of RAM or something.

echo 3 > /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches

as root should do the trick. You may also want to do a md5sum of the hlint
binary before and after you do the above, to see if it makes a difference.

Best Regards,
Bjørn Øivind