[arch-haskell] ghc 7.8.1 has hit [haskell-core]

Linus Arver linusarver at gmail.com
Sun Apr 13 07:18:12 UTC 2014

On Sat, Apr 12, 2014 at 07:30:02PM +0200, Magnus Therning wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 12, 2014 at 03:47:22AM -0700, Linus Arver wrote:
> > On Fri, Apr 11, 2014 at 08:31:48PM +0200, Magnus Therning wrote:
> > > This morning I pushed out ghc 7.8.1 to [haskell-core].  This means
> > > that [haskell-testing] will be retired in a few days so please point
> > > pacman back to the core repo again.
> > >
> > > When I first created the branch for ghc 7.8 there were a number of
> > > packages that weren't buildable, and hence they were removed.  I've
> > > since re-added a few of them, but not all.  Not yet.  If you find
> > > something crucial to be missing, please let me know so I can fix it
> > > post-haste.
> >
> > Hello, I noticed that xmonad-contrib is missing. I use this package for
> > my xmonad configuration.
>
> 0.11.2 doesn't build out of the box at the moment so it'll likely take
> a little while until it gets added again.  Unless I receive a patch
> that fixes it of course ;)

Well, I tried a simple 1-liner "patch" (see attachment) --- it removes
the type signature from XMonad/Layout/MultiToggle.hs at line 162. I've
tried out the patch with cblrepo and everything compiles (quite amazing,
as there are over 200 modules to compile and this is the only thing
holding back the package) and I can use XMonad again. I don't use the
MultiToggle module though, so I cannot say that it's completely stable.

-L