[arch-haskell] Python version to run GHC testsuite

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Sat Oct 12 07:40:12 UTC 2013

On Tue, May 01, 2012 at 07:34:57PM +0200, Adrien Haxaire wrote:
> Hello,
>
> This week end I built GHC from the source, and everything ran smoothly.
>
> However, I cannot figure out how to set python2 as the python
> executable to build the documentation or to run the testsuite.
>
> How do you proceed ?

In the GHC package in ArchHaskell we simply patch up the source:

check() {
    cd ghc-${pkgver}

    # python2 rename
    sed -e 's/PYTHON = python/&2/' -i testsuite/mk/boilerplate.mk
    sed -e 's_#!/usr/bin/env python_&2_' -i testsuite/timeout/calibrate testsuite/timeout/timeout.py

    make THREADS=9 test
}

email: magnus at therning.org   jabber: magnus at therning.org

Perl is another example of filling a tiny, short-term need, and then
being a real problem in the longer term.
     -- Alan Kay