[arch-haskell] New maintainer

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Sat Oct 12 07:39:31 UTC 2013

As you've seen in the last few days Peter has handed over
maintainership to me.  In order to make sure that I can shoulder this
responsibility I'm about to make a major change:

- drop cabal2arch in favour of cblrepo
  cblrepo will allow me/us to much closer track hackage because it
  cuts out a bit of the time consuming manual work involved in
  updating packages

To users the visible change is that I'll make a complete rebuild of
all packages, I'm half-way through making one for x86_64 already.
Expect a few packages to be updated in a day or so.  A bonus of this
is that all packages now are built with profiling support.

To contributors it's a complete change compared to how HABS worked in
the past.  I'll push the changes to github as soon as they are
complete (basically I need to complete the rebuilt to verify them).
I'll make sure to document how to work with the new HABS.  I'll also
push the source for cblrepo to github at that point.

email: magnus at therning.org   jabber: magnus at therning.org

Perl is another example of filling a tiny, short-term need, and then
being a real problem in the longer term.
     -- Alan Kay