[arch-haskell] ERROR: Permission to archhaskell/cabal2arch.git denied to peti.

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Sat Oct 12 07:38:57 UTC 2013

Hi Magnus,

 > Do you want to be the owner/leader and, by the looks of it, the
 > sole regular contributor to the ArchHaskell project?

I'm not sure what you mean. Are you asking me whether I want you to quit
working on this project? If that is the case, then I believe that this
question is somewhat inappropriate. Whether you want to contribute to
HABS or not is a decision *you* must make, not I.

What I can say is that I don't want you to break the binary repository.
If that happens anyway, for some reason, then I want you to *fix the
problem* instead of denying that it exists. And in case that turns out
to be impossible, then I want you to let me fix the problem, instead of
preventing me from doing that.

I appreciate your contributions to HABS. Recently, you've put a lot of
effort into keeping packages up-to-date, and I'm really glad that you're
helping with that task. At the same time, you tend to leave the binary
repository in an inconsistent, unusable state, and after that's been
discovered, you tend to gloss over those mistakes and deny that they
exist. That part of your contributions is not exactly helpful for me.

Take care,
Peter