[arch-haskell] Please do not delete packages from andromeda.kiwilight.com

Nicolas Pouillard nicolas.pouillard at gmail.com
Sat Oct 12 07:38:48 UTC 2013

On Wed, 02 Feb 2011 18:50:16 +0100, Peter Simons <simons at cryp.to> wrote:
> Hi guys,
> yesterday, I tried to install "haskell-pandoc" on a Linux/i686 machine,
> but Pacman was unable to download that binary package, because the file
>   haskell-pandoc-
> had been deleted from the server, probably because an update to version
> had become available. After figuring that out, I updated my
> database with "pacman -Sy", and that fixed the problem.
> Still, I would have preferred the version to remain available
> for some reasonable grace period, like 1 or 2 weeks. Our repository is
> extremely small,
>   $ du -sh ~haskell/*
>   75M     /srv/haskell/i686
>   66M     /srv/haskell/x86_64
> ..., so I guess it won't hurt to keep older packages around for a little
> while even after an update. Please don't delete any packages from that
> repository unless there's a good reason to, i.e. that they've been
> outdated for (at least) several days.

I don't know how you (the team) sync the repository, but I find it easier
to remove the old version and add the new at the same time.

A way to mitigate this would be to either keep at kill list of files to remove
and when and/or having a separate repo for these archives.

Best regards,

Nicolas Pouillard