[arch-haskell] Please do not delete packages from andromeda.kiwilight.com

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Sat Oct 12 07:38:48 UTC 2013

Hi guys,

yesterday, I tried to install "haskell-pandoc" on a Linux/i686 machine,
but Pacman was unable to download that binary package, because the file

had been deleted from the server, probably because an update to version had become available. After figuring that out, I updated my
database with "pacman -Sy", and that fixed the problem.

Still, I would have preferred the version to remain available
for some reasonable grace period, like 1 or 2 weeks. Our repository is
extremely small,

  $ du -sh ~haskell/*
  75M     /srv/haskell/i686
  66M     /srv/haskell/x86_64

..., so I guess it won't hurt to keep older packages around for a little
while even after an update. Please don't delete any packages from that
repository unless there's a good reason to, i.e. that they've been
outdated for (at least) several days.

 Thank you,