[arch-haskell] Please do not delete packages from andromeda.kiwilight.com

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Sat Oct 12 07:38:48 UTC 2013

Hi guys,

yesterday, I tried to install "haskell-pandoc" on a Linux/i686 machine,
but Pacman was unable to download that binary package, because the file

  haskell-pandoc-1.6.0.1-2-i686.pkg.tar.xz

had been deleted from the server, probably because an update to version
1.8.0.1-1 had become available. After figuring that out, I updated my
database with "pacman -Sy", and that fixed the problem.

Still, I would have preferred the 1.6.0.1-2 version to remain available
for some reasonable grace period, like 1 or 2 weeks. Our repository is
extremely small,

  $ du -sh ~haskell/*
  75M     /srv/haskell/i686
  66M     /srv/haskell/x86_64

..., so I guess it won't hurt to keep older packages around for a little
while even after an update. Please don't delete any packages from that
repository unless there's a good reason to, i.e. that they've been
outdated for (at least) several days.

 Thank you,
Peter