[arch-haskell] Layout of ABS tree for Haskell packages?

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Sat Oct 12 07:37:15 UTC 2013

On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 07:23, Isaac Dupree
<ml at isaac.cedarswampstudios.org> wrote:
> On 10/21/10 01:39, Magnus Therning wrote:

>>> The mailing-list is missing an automatic "Reply-To" header that usually
>>> exists on other mailing-lists. It makes things difficult when posting
>>> with
>>> improper mail clients like GMail.
>>
>> I'll see if I can't fix this during the day.
>
> Please don't.  Nearly no technical mailing-list sets Reply-To, and in
> particular neither the Arch lists nor the Haskell lists do.*  If it's really
> impossible to use mailing-lists with GMail (I don't know, I don't use GMail)
> then I guess you should find another client.  Some clients have a "Reply To
> List" specifically, and for those that don't, "Reply To All" or equivalent
> is usually acceptable enough (are there any clients that don't have this??)
> (it produces the effect Xyne notes of "Is there a reason that everyone seems
> to send their replies to individual posters and only CC to the list?", but
> this works out acceptably in practice because To and CC have the same effect
> - emails go there -, and because the mailing-list defaults not to send extra
> copies to people who are already To/CC'ed)

However, that's what is irritating me when people CC me rather than
send to the list.  The email client I use most often, Thunderbird,
does have a Reply-To-List, however that only seems to work when the
email has actually been sent through the list.  The end result is that
my Reply-To-List doesn't work when I'm CC'd.  Very irritating that *I*
have to pay the price for the bad practice of others.

I'll look into the options offered by mailman and then see what looks
like the best solution.  I have to say I tend to lean towards the no
Reply-To munging.

Magnus Therning                        (OpenPGP: 0xAB4DFBA4)
magnus@therning.org          Jabber: magnus@therning.org
http://therning.org/magnus         identi.ca|twitter: magthe