[arch-haskell] Layout of ABS tree for Haskell packages?

Isaac Dupree ml at isaac.cedarswampstudios.org
Sat Oct 12 07:37:14 UTC 2013

On 10/21/10 01:39, Magnus Therning wrote:
> On 20/10/10 15:56, Rémy Oudompheng wrote:
>> On 2010/10/20 Xyne<xyne at archlinux.ca>  wrote:
>>> Is there a reason that everyone seems to send their replies to individual
>>> posters and only CC to the list?
>>
>> The mailing-list is missing an automatic "Reply-To" header that usually
>> exists on other mailing-lists. It makes things difficult when posting with
>> improper mail clients like GMail.
>
> I'll see if I can't fix this during the day.

Please don't.  Nearly no technical mailing-list sets Reply-To, and in
particular neither the Arch lists nor the Haskell lists do.*  If it's
really impossible to use mailing-lists with GMail (I don't know, I don't
use GMail) then I guess you should find another client.  Some clients
have a "Reply To List" specifically, and for those that don't, "Reply To
All" or equivalent is usually acceptable enough (are there any clients
that don't have this??) (it produces the effect Xyne notes of "Is there
a reason that everyone seems to send their replies to individual posters
and only CC to the list?", but this works out acceptably in practice
because To and CC have the same effect - emails go there -, and because
the mailing-list defaults not to send extra copies to people who are
already To/CC'ed)

* the old canonical arguments about Reply-To munging pro and con that
I'd cite seem to have broken websites now, requiring archive.org usage,
but here's an updated one:
http://woozle.org/~neale/papers/reply-to-still-harmful.html