[arch-haskell] How to update packages in extra?

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Sat Oct 12 07:37:12 UTC 2013

Hi guys,

 >>> I could contact the devs to request access specifically to maintain
 >>> Haskell packages for the Arch-Haskell team (either alongside Vegai
 >>> or replacing him if he is no longer interested).
 >>
 >> The replacing sounds good. Any volunteers?
 >
 > I also volunteer to help for [extra].

this is good news! I'd also be willing to update packages in [extra], of
course, but since I've plenty of stuff to do I wouldn't mind if Xyne and
Rémy take care of that for the time being.

As far as I'm concerned, the most important matter right now is to
enable the Haddock documentation for Haskell packages in [extra]. If
we update the PKGBUILD altogether in the process, then that would be
great, too! The relevant packages are:

  haskell-binary
  haskell-dataenc
  haskell-deepseq
  haskell-extensible-exceptions
  haskell-hashed-storage
  haskell-haskeline
  haskell-haskell-src
  haskell-html
  haskell-hunit
  haskell-mmap
  haskell-network
  haskell-packedstring
  haskell-parallel
  haskell-regex-base
  haskell-regex-compat
  haskell-regex-posix
  haskell-stm
  haskell-terminfo
  haskell-utf8-string
  haskell-xhtml
  haskell-zlib

These packages seem to have support for Haddock already, so we can
probably leave them alone for now:

  haskell-cgi
  haskell-http
  haskell-mtl