[arch-haskell] Re: arch-haskell @ aur.archlinux.org (was: Handover)

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Sat Oct 12 07:36:47 UTC 2013

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 11:21, Peter Simons <simons at cryp.to> wrote:
> Hi Magnus,
>
> according to Don you have received the password for the arch-haskell
> account on AUR. I was wondering how you plan to use that account? Are
> you going to share the password with others?

Yes, I have received the passwords, and yes I intend to share them with others.

I'm still not sure exactly *how* to do this though.  So far my
concentration has been on getting some infrastructure in place:

• archhaskell as organisation on github
• getting all the source packages into a git repo in some sane layout
(see my email from earlier today)
• putting up the source for archlinus and cabal2arch on github

Currently my thinking is that I'll share passwords with people who get
added to the github organisation... but that just shifts the problem
one step, as I still haven't decided what criteria to use for adding
people there. :-)  All suggestions are welcome!

> In any case, I notice that the e-mail address for the user points to
> this list now, which is a good idea, IMHO. Are we sure that e-mails
> directed to that list are actually being posted here? In the past, it
> seemed that this list is closed, i.e. only subscribers can post. How
> does that work when AUR is trying to send us e-mail, such as when a
> package has been flagged out of date?

Hmm, good questions indeed.  Please go ahead and add a comment to some
AUR package, then we ought to see if emails arrive as they should.
Otherwise I guess we'll have to work out how to relax the rules on the
list server.

Magnus Therning                        (OpenPGP: 0xAB4DFBA4)
magnus@therning.org          Jabber: magnus@therning.org
http://therning.org/magnus         identi.ca|twitter: magthe