[arch-haskell] haskell platform dependencies

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Sat Oct 12 07:35:36 UTC 2013

On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 12:37 PM, Thomas Girod <thomas at 0xc29.net> wrote:
> hi there.
> I ran into some troubles installing haskell-platform today. Specifically,
> community contained haskell-zlib-, which is too recent, and there was no
> pkgbuild for haskell-zlib- in AUR.
> So I'm wondering : can the arch-haskell script maintain a version of all
> dependencies of the haskell-platform in AUR, so we don't have problems
> installing it ?
> Or maybe having a set of pkgbuilds with a name like haskell-zlib-hp to
> explicitely state that it is the version blessed by the haskell-platform ?

I guess this is something that has to be worked out only when Haskell
Platform mandates GHC 6.12.  IIRC that won't happen until next year
some time.  In the meantime I would recommend that no one uses Haskell
Platform on Arch!

I hope that in the (not so) long term Haskell Platform moves into a
binary repo (like [community] or [extra]).  Then AUR can have more
bleeding edge versions of the base packages, similar to how some
packages have -svn/-git versions, maybe we should adopt -hackage as