[arch-haskell] Dynamic executables and RPATH

Fabien Dubosson fabien.dubosson at gmail.com
Sun Nov 10 21:32:25 UTC 2013

> Would you verify that passing --ghc-options when configuring a package
> adds the options to 'ghc-options:' if present in the .cabal file?

With pleasure. I made a «dummy» program to verify that (files here [1]):

  1. A dummy `Main.hs` executable which uses an external library and also
generates GHC warnings.
  2. A simple `test-ghc-opts.cabal` file which has a `ghc-options:` to
display warnings
  3. A `build.sh` script which configures the program with a `ghc-options`
to remove the [rpath] of dynamic linking.

If both the warnings are displayed and the [rpath] doesn't exist, it means
that both ways of giving `ghc-options` are working side by side. It is the
case on my computer! But I let you verify my scripts to be sure that I'm
doing the test correctly.

[1] https://gist.github.com/StreakyCobra/0067d15fd74ebf8bf5e0

Kind regards,
Fabien