[arch-haskell] haskell-xmonad currently broken with the latest xorg update ?

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Tue Mar 19 13:18:22 CET 2013

On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 9:16 PM, Pierre Radermecker
<pradermecker at yahoo.ca> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was just wondering why ghc and haskell-xmonad is duplicated in the
> [haskell-core] repo ?

Because it is much easier to maintain [haskell-core] that way.

> It makes the process rather weak ... If I am not mistaken the last xorg
> update currently breaks haskell-xmonad.

I'm not sure what you mean by "weak" here.  We used to base
[haskell-core] (back then it was called just [haskell]) on [extra],
but found it cumbersome to track changes--there was no way to be
notified about changes to specific packages (maybe that's possible
nowadays).  We were also not able to track Hackage as closely as we
want.

> I guess there is a good reason but the [haskell-core] maintainer need now to
> be able to update as quick as the extra repo does.

No, you as the user of [haskell-core] should place it *above* [extra]
in your pacman configuration to make sure that [haskell-core] packages
are preferred over [extra].  Mixing Haskell packages from [extra] and
[haskell-core] is *not* recommended, if you do you are entirely on
your own.

email: magnus at therning.org   jabber: magnus at therning.org