[arch-haskell] http-conduit

Fabio Riga rifabio at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 00:23:28 CEST 2012

In data 25.09.2012 08:17:54, Magnus Therning ha scritto:
> On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 6:08 PM, Ramana Kumar <ramana at member.fsf.org>
> wrote:
> > Are any of the people with commit access to habs on this list?
> > What about merging in habs-extra?
>
> There is a combination of reasons for my reluctance to accept new
> packages into HABS and [haskell], Fabio points out the main one in
> another reply.  This means that merging in habs-extra is a BIG deal
> and unlikely to happen.  I also like to see just how Fabio gets on
> with it.  We had a discussion earlier where I expressed my doubts
> about the idea of splitting up ArchHaskell into several repos.  Fabio
> pressed on with it, so I'm hoping to at some point be converted and
> have my doubts dispelled :-)

I think that the way I wrote made me misunderstood: I do believe that
it should be only one [habs] repository, but with cblrepo many
maintainers could manage a small amount of packages, then simply copy
the resulting Arch package in the main repo. Maintainers should compile
only their package. A script should ensure that everything is in sync.

I wrote a very messy script. I would like to have the time to clean it
before show you with an example what I mean. I should find some time
before the week-end.

Fabio