[arch-haskell] Missing module - best solution?

Ethan Schoonover es at ethanschoonover.com
Mon Oct 15 03:16:36 CEST 2012

I'm using the arch-haskell repos now and very happy with the results. The
only snag I've hit is this: I'm trying to use XMonad.Actions.Navigation2D
which is not in the exposed modules list of haskell-xmonad-contrib
currently. This is probably coals to Newcastle, but here's the PDF summary
of that module - http://web.cs.dal.ca/~nzeh/xmonad/Navigation2D.pdf

Questions:

1. Is there a way to expose this module easily using the current
haskell-xmonad-contrib package (i.e. by simply editing that exposed modules
list)? I assume 'no'.

2. Assuming no, what is the best strategy for installing this module that
best conforms to continued use of the arch-haskell repos? Once I step off
the path so to speak, I'm really not sure if I shouldn't just be using
cabal for everything instead of the repos.

3. If there is a channel to lobby for adding this module to
haskell-xmonad-contrib, and assuming that this is that channel, please
consider this my upvote :)

Thanks for any suggestions,
Ethan

es at ethanschoonover.com / @ethanschoonover /