[arch-haskell] Testing repo with GHC 7.6

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Sun Oct 7 20:39:38 CEST 2012

On Wed, Oct 03, 2012 at 10:24:54PM +0200, Magnus Therning wrote:
>On Mon, Oct 01, 2012 at 10:39:08PM +0200, Fabio Riga wrote:
>>Hi Magnus,
>>
>>is there a reason for dropping those packages? If some package fail
>>to build in ghc 7.6 we will lost as well many packages in
>>[haskell-extra].  I'm concerned especially about gtk, pandoc and
>>wai/warp: they are needed for packages like hakyll, gitit and the
>>yesod suite among others.
>>
>>If there aren't important reasons to switch to 7.6, could you please
>>wait a little more before make this change?
>
>I've just finished building glib/pango/gtk for x86_64, so this is
>getting to be less and less of an issue :)
>
>With the recent announcement of GHC making it into
>[testing]/[community-testing] there ought to be a few more patches to
>"steal" for use in [haskell].

Since I've now added all the packages you list above, except for
pandoc, I'll make the push of GHC 7.6 on Wednesday.  I plan to move
[haskell] to [haskell-old] and [haskell-testing] to [haskell].  I'll
keep [haskell-old] around on kiwilight for a week or so, unless I get
requests for keeping it longer.

Now is the time to raise any objections and convince me to hold off
further :-)

email: magnus at therning.org   jabber: magnus at therning.org

I invented the term Object-Oriented, and I can tell you I did not have
C++ in mind.
     -- Alan Kay