[arch-haskell] Upgrade to 7.4.2

Mark Wright gienah at gentoo.org
Sat Jun 16 03:48:56 CEST 2012

Magnus Therning <magnus at therning.org> writes:

> I've been working on upgrading [haskell] to Ghc 7.4.2 for a few days
> now.  So far no luck :(
> The build always fails on creating documentation.  Yesterday I
> resorted to taking the source package from [extra], which is known to
> build fine... but still it failed on generating the docs.  I now
> suspect this is due to the limited memory available on the machine I
> use to build (1.5GB).

Hi Magnus,

On Gentoo we build haddock with:

runghc Setup.hs configure --ghc-options=-rtsopts

and then add these options when running haddock:

Also this upstream patch is useful to avoid haddock failing on unicode chars:

Please feel free to use any patches in the Gentoo Haskell overlay:

Regards, Mark