[arch-haskell] Upgrade to 7.4.2

Garry Roseman forestmoonsilence at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 01:25:46 CEST 2012

On 06/15/2012 09:54 PM, Magnus Therning wrote:

>  I've been working on upgrading [haskell] to Ghc 7.4.2 for a few days
> now.  So far no luck :(
>
> The build always fails on creating documentation.  Yesterday I
> resorted to taking the source package from [extra], which is known to
> build fine... but still it failed on generating the docs.  I now
> suspect this is due to the limited memory available on the machine I
> use to build (1.5GB).
>
> No it's not a memory problem.  I found the same problem with building the
docs on 8 GB of tmpfs, and others have found the same problem in other
distros, e.g. Debian.  Here's what I have in my notes:
# Edited build.mk to disable PS and PDF docs, which fail to build (maybe
fixed by
# using different dblatex version but apparently the doc build is fragile)

My build.mk then has for the perf build:

ifeq "$(BuildFlavour)" "perf"

# perf matches the default settings, repeated here for comparison:

SRC_HC_OPTS     = -O -H64m
GhcStage1HcOpts = -O -fasm
GhcStage2HcOpts = -O2 -fasm
GhcHcOpts       = -Rghc-timing
GhcLibHcOpts    = -O2
GhcLibWays     += p
BUILD_DOCBOOK_PS   = NO
BUILD_DOCBOOK_PDF  = NO

I think that those last two assigns will fix the problem at the expense of
building only html docs.