[arch-haskell] Current procedure to install Hakyll (with deps)

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Tue Jun 12 12:07:03 CEST 2012

Hi,

This is my first post here, so hello everyone!

I'm fairly experienced with Arch ecosystem, but I'm new to Haskell.
I'm going to start some Haskell hacking for Hakyll.

I have shopped around, read the ArchHaskell and
Haskell Package Guidelines on Arch wiki, Hakyll docs, etc.
Although, it is completely unclear to me what is the current
and up to date procedure of Haskell installation.
My impression is that the Haskell packages are scattered
between three locations:

"Haskell is well supported on Arch Linux, with GHC (...) available via
the official
repositories, a growing number of packages made available by the
ArchHaskell group
(...) available in the AUR."

later in the wiki states:

"The [haskell] repository is the official repository of packages maintained
by the ArchHaskell team."

There also is "Guidelines" section which explains how to cook own Arch
packages from cabal, so I'd assume it is fourth option.
(It does not say anything about "Guidelines" section being dedicated to
package developers/maintainers.)

I guess, I can even omit Arch packages and use cabal only too.

In AUR, number of packages I'm interested in are marked out of date.

So, here comes my question:
Considering I'm interested in Hakyll, could anyone recommend where
should I grab all the related packages and required dependencies from?

Best regards,