[arch-haskell] keeping in sync

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Wed Dec 26 17:04:56 CET 2012

On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 8:41 AM, Ramana Kumar <ramana at member.fsf.org> wrote:
> I agree that the up-to-date approach is the way to go: it fits well with
> Arch.
> I suggest we continue that way.
>
> Three items on the roadmap, then:
>
> Document the jobs of the maintainers of the merged repo, and of the
> satellite repos.
> Set up the merged repo (and rename current [haskell] to [haskell-core] (or
> -base))
> Document how to create new repos like [haskell-web].
>
> Fabio wrote something for 1 in a previous email; I will add it to the wiki
> and extend if I can.
>
> Magnus, can you proceed with 2? If necessary I may be able to provide
> another server.

I modified the existing repo so that the following pacman entry also works:

    [haskell-core]
    Server = http://www.kiwilight.com/haskell/core/$arch
    Server = http://xsounds.org/~haskell/core/$arch

The old name ([haskell]) will continue to work too, at least for the time being.

I think [haskell-core] should be the preferred name so I've gone ahead
and made changes to the Arch Wiki to reflect that.

email: magnus at therning.org   jabber: magnus at therning.org